Well, whenever we talk about Uttarakhand all that comes into our minds is the image of snowy Himalayan peaks, myriad lakes, glacial melts, streams and what not. Uttarakhand and its beauty will always take you with the awe, and so is this gem of Uttarakhand known as Auli.
Auli is one of the most picturesque, eye captivating place that you will ever visit to. The natural beauty of the place is like no other and is bound to have its effect on you and leave you mesmerized.
Situated in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand Auli hill station is a small town, at an altitude of around 8219 feet (2505mt.). It is acclaimed for the fascinating ski resorts and stunning natural panorama. Enclosed by the snow-white tops of the Himalayas, this hilly environment offers the sceneries of oak fringed slopes, apple orchards and beautiful deodar trees.
Activities to do in Auli and Places to visit in Auli
1. OBVIOUSLY! Skiing: Skiing is what brings most tourists to Auli. The skiing snow last from mid-January till February end. You can easily hire instructors and learn it either in the form of a crash course or if you are serious then you can also go for a 1 to 2 week courses.
2. Kuari Pass Trek: Kuari Pass is a moderate trek route, which makes it easy enough for someone starting out in the Himalayas.
3. Ropeway Riding: This is the second longest and highest cable car in Asia, experience the flora and fauna of the Nanda Devi forest from a bird's eye view.
4. The Artificial Lake: This is a small lake made by the government body to help form the snow on the skiing treks. One can spend some hours around it.
5. Auli Gorson Trek: Another meadow which is few kilometers ahead of Auli and one can go there trekking, although it is hard to trek there during winters because of the snow filled roads. The trail is filled with one of the most scenic natural vistas.
6. Lord Hanuman Temple: It is said that lord hanuman rested here while he was bringing sanjivini booti for Lord Ram's brother Laxman. So devotees often visit here.
7. Chattarakund Lake: Unlike the artificial lake this one is the natural sweet water lake and it is more scenic. It is some kilometers ahead of Auli in the mid of forest.
8. Spot the Himalayan Peaks: The astonishing views of the towering mountain ranges like Mana Paravat and Kamat Kamet, Nanda Devi.
Weather in Auli
Being at high altitude Auli's weather is usually ranges from cold to pleasant. Weather in Auli season wise:-
Summer: Summer here is from mid-march till June. Although you won't find the snow in summers but this time of the season is way too good to beat the heat of the cities and spend some time in the pleasant weather of Auli that ranges around 15 degree Celsius.
Monsoon: Monsoon arrives here in late June and stretches till September. Of-course the greenery is at its peak during this season but it's way too risky too as there are so many landslides not only in Auli but in most parts of Uttarakhand. But if you have done your research well and if it's not raining then you will get amazing lush green panoramas and it is photographer's delight.
Winter: Well starting from October till February the winters in Auli arrive .This is the best time to visit this scenic place starting from October when the leaves turn orange and yellow and making the hill tops shine like gold. After it during January and February one can enjoy the snow and skiing and other adventure activities too.
At last as they say "Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination", so what are you waiting for now? Just pack your bags fast for Auli and "Let the journey begins".